Re: Look and Feel

From: Jesse Ross
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:28:16 -0600

I'm thinking of what a user first sees when they launch a GNUstep based environment, be it Backbone or Etoile, or Garma or the LiveCD or what-have-you.

But you see, Jesse, you're making it more simple than it actually is. Etoile can have a different /default/ theme than the one that ships with the GNUstep-GUI source package itself. So your statement doesn't make much sense in light of that. I fully expect Etoile to do this, as a matter of fact. You really should be concentrating your efforts here, IMHO.

Right -- I guess I'm just trying to figure out if people want there to be a "look" for GNUstep above and beyond the NeXT look. Something that if a user saw it, they would know instantly they were looking at GNUstep. If I should be working on a theming project for a specific desktop instead, then that's where I'll shift my focus. If any of the desktop maintainers want to adopt me, let me know :)

J.