GScheme is back (VI).

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: GScheme is back (VI).
Date: 03 Mar 2005 22:16:43 +0100

that has been posted to comp.lang.scheme as well.

Hi all,

I made another release of GScheme. It contains some rather significant
changes. I completely removed the dependency on the GSIMap.h
internals, changing Environments to use NSMapTables and using a
malloced array in ByteCodes. This means that GScheme should in theory
be portable to Cocoa if you comment out the GSDebugAllocation*
calls. M.J. Ray expressed some interest in this, if I recall
correctly.

I tested GScheme with gnustep-startup-0.9.2 on Ubuntu and it compiles
and runs correctly. This extends the number of linux flavors where
I've tested the software.

The bug in NSTableView that crashes Environment browsers when you
click on empty rows is still there (startup 0.9.2.). I'd be grateful
if Fred Kiefer would look into this.

I added an example: "qsort1.scm" computes the quicksort histogram, but
it uses numbers in the factorial number system to enumerate
permutations.

The URL is

  http://www.gnustep.it/marko/GScheme/index.html

Enjoy!