Re: Problem with Displayed Fonts in Latest GNUstep

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Problem with Displayed Fonts in Latest GNUstep
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 16:15:06 -0600

On May 3, 2005, at 4:54 PM, Richard Stonehouse wrote:

If the application is run from a terminal, it outputs error messages
of the form:

  GWorkspace[8813] The font specified for NSFont, Helvetica, can't
  be found.

Try this:

defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSFontAntiAlias NO

I think we should probably turn that off again by default until we understand what the problem is finding Xft fonts

Also, there seems to be a problem in accessing the discuss-gnustep
mailing list archive via the web this evening; it's giving me:

  Gateway Timeout
  The following error occurred:

  [code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is
  unreachable. Retry the request. Please contact the administrator.

The FSF is moving their offices to another location. It should have happened over the weekend and been working now, but it seems to be taking longer than expected.

This mail might take a while to get distributed to the list as well, due to this move...