Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: 11 Oct 2005 08:25:33 GMT

Andrew Ruder <aeruder@ksu.edu> wrote:
> I am proposing that GNUstep migrate to using subversion [...]

This seems worth not doing yet because:

1. Subversion shares CVS's client-server design flaw, hindering
   disconnected, distributed and fault-tolerant operation;

2. git-based tools seem to be winning the version control war;

3. Subversion is under a GPL-incompatible licence.

I appreciate anyone wanting to move away from CVS, but SVN seems
to be trading one set of problems for another.