Re: drag & drop of images

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: drag & drop of images
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:22:19 +0100

Riccardo wrote:

> I noticed that in price trying to "grab" the image with the mouse
> detaches it and seems to attempt a drag-and-drop. On Macos-X the same
> code doesn't do this. Is there a wrong default inside GNUstep? I find
> this behavior disturbing.

Hmm, dragging gets started when the view of the NSImageView is editable
and this is set to YES in the init method of the view. If you are sure
that the default for Cocoa is different, I am willing to change this
setting.

> Furthermore, the drag operations attempts to show the whole image that
> fits inside the view, thus it can eb quite large and it can really make
> your computer busy if it accounts to a bigger image.

This is a well know annoyance. We probably shoudl not use the image
directly, rather create a smaller one and use that for the drag display.
Are you willing to implement something here?

Fred