Re: problem with latest GNUstep (in CVS) on windows?

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: Re: problem with latest GNUstep (in CVS) on windows?
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:58:02 +1000

The problem is 2 fold....

1st: Actuall my small test ObjectiveC program is not working and I just upgrade the CVS version (which is in C:\GNUstep-CVS\gnustep), delete all my binaries and rebuild GNUstep in C:\GNUstep following these directions:
http://wwwmain.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/README.MinGW
(I re-configure make & install: make, libojc, ffcal, base, gui, back)

I found 2 ".GNUstepDefaults" files,
- C:\Documents and Settings\Lloyd Dupont\GNUstep\Defaults\.GNUstepDefaults
- C:\GNUstep\Defaults\.GNUstepDefaults

none of them has a "GSBackend" variable defined
in fact "C:\GNUstep\Defaults\.GNUstepDefaults" is empty

out of curiosity I added the enty you mentioned (GSBackend = "back-010";) in both files but it didn't work.

2nd: while this is good for my test. my real application doesn't use GNUstep at all. I mean its installer DOESN'T install GNUstep. Not only I have to hack GNUstep a little for my app, but for simple installation purpose I just copy whatever is necessary is my app's directories and initialize GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT, GNUSTEP_NETWORK_ROOT, GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT to whatever is required at init time.
So any idea of what else I should do?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason Clouse" <jhclouse@charter.net>