Re: FOSDEM 2006

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2006
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:37:37 +0100

Quoting Stefan Urbanek <stefan@agentfarms.net>:

> Hi,
>
> How was the FOSDEM 2006? Any success/achievements for GNUstep? What was the
> feedback of others?

For my part, I can say that I successfully borded everyone at the GNUstep Core
Data presentation almost into coma and technically screwed it up on the
ProjectManager presentation :-) Thanks, Nicolas, for letting me borrow your
machine for the presentation.

Honestly though, I think that the overall GNUstep presence on FOSDEM 2006 was
really poor. By that I don't mean that few people of the GNUstep core team
attended - no way - but I think we could have done so much more about the
GNUstep booth, material, promotion and activity. Next year I'd like to
participate more in this part of the process - getting more attention to
GNUstep. We really need to show to _every_single_passant_ that we are a whole
lot different from the KDE/Gnome/Ubuntu/Debian... folks just a few steps away.
We need to stand out and shine! :-)

--
Saso