Re: Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]

From: phil taylor
Subject: Re: Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:35:58 +1000

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 03:38 +0100, Nicolas Roard wrote:
> > > So, it seems the situation is like this:
> > >   * Faction A loves GNUstep for its NeXT goodness
> > >   * Faction B thinks GNUstep is out of place and should play nice
> > > with other
> > > desktops.
> > >   * Probably some people believe both are true.

Its all very subjective i guess.

Take the case of the side by side lists used to browse the directory
structure within GNUstep. Its the most functional and easiest method I
have ever come across for directory browsing. Far superior IMO to the
standard Windows collapsible tree. But also simply gawky and
unattractive to look at.

In fact I developed independantly an identical set up in a Visual Basic
program I wrote ten years or so ago (without ever seeing GNUstep or
Nextstep or any other kind of step) and got it working fine, but decided
against using it in the end as it looked so bad (IMO).

Do Apple still use this setup for directory browsing?