Re: PDF Viewer

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: PDF Viewer
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:50:12 +0100

Hi Ingolf,

This description is not very clear. But I guess the most probable reason is that you do not use antialiasing (output device "x11"). gs should be called with the option "-sx11alpha" to enable it.
No, I meant "-sDEVICE=x11alpha"

Ok, I tried

/usr/sfw/bin/gs -dNOPAUSE -q -sDEVICE=x11alpha -dBATCH -sOutputFile:/home/ahoesch/AAA/%d.tiff -r72x72 /home/ahoesch/Test.pdf

I am actually trying to generate TIFFS (one per page) that can then be displayed in an app using NSImage.

/usr/sfw/bin/gs -dNOPAUSE -q -sDEVICE=tiffg3 -dBATCH -sOutputFile:/home/ahoesch/AAA/%d.tiff -r72x72 /home/ahoesch/Test.pdf

generated images with poor quality. I tried -r288x288. This got better but is probably teh wrong route for display on screen. When using -sDEVICE=x11alpha I get no TIFFs. The pages are presented on a screen and vanisch after half a second. Well, I am still reading the documentation and studyingthe options.

I just want to know is using gs my best bet or should I rather study the Vindaloo sources - I suppose they take a different route - and try to add print capability to this application? Is anybody already working on this?

Regards,

  Andreas