WebKit Bounty

From: Jesse Ross
Subject: WebKit Bounty
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:24:37 -0600

There has been a lot of discussion as of late about getting a well- integrated web browser/web view working in GNUstep. That's been a desire of mine for the past few years, and, even with the availability of Apple's WebKit and the release of GCC 4.1 with support for Objective-C++, we still don't have a working solution. So, here is my proposal:

I would like to start a bounty for the port of WebKit to GNUstep. In order to receive the bounty, the following requirements must be met:

- The port should use the latest code (as of 2006.02.28) from the WebKit Subversion repository as located at http://webkit.org/ - All patches must be submitted back to the original codebase. We would like to avoid a fork by getting GNUstep support in WebKit proper. - Along with the port of WebKit itself, the potential bounty recipient must also include a GORM palette for embedding web views in GNUstep applications.

Upon completion of the above items and a code review by selected third-party developers, the bounty will be disbursed within 60 days after code delivery. The amount of the bounty is $500 USD -- if others would like to offset some of my personal cost, or contribute to the bounty, please contact me and I will coordinate the transactions.

Good luck and thanks in advance to all who participate!

Jesse Ross