Re: GNUstep Newbie

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: GNUstep Newbie
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:28:16 +0100

Hi,

I always follow this guide when building from source:
http://gnustep.made-it.com/BuildGuide/

Just make sure you have the most upto date code from the server.

I think gnustep is available in the apt-get programme of Debian systems, but I have never bothered to use it that way; all ways want to be at the bleeding edge! If you have 'apt-got' then may be you just need to get source the GNUstep.sh script in your .bashrc?

Something like this:
#
# GNUstep
#
. /opt/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
export MANPATH=$GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT/Library/Documentation/man: $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Documentation/man:/opt/local/share/man:/ usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man export INFOPATH=$GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT/Library/Documentation/info: $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Documentation/info:/opt/local/share/ info:/usr/share/info
gdnc
gpbs
make_services

Cheers,