Re: View hierarchy problem

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: View hierarchy problem
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:45:42 +0200

Hi Fred,

This solves the issue. The app no longer dies. However, what do we do
with [v needsPanelToBecomeKey]?

True, this really is a problem and to call htiText: twice each time, in
most cases with the same result sounds wrong to me. We could retain the
view and add a test if the found view is still a descendent of the
content view. But even in that case the view could have been moved
around by the activation code. I am really not sure if we should support
rearranging views in the activation, but if Apple does, we may have to.

At least the app under MacOSX did not die. However, in my special case it was easy to avoid the problem by doing the loadShelf only the first time the window becomes key. So ...

I am much more interested in a solution for the focus problem in conjunction with Azalea right now. :-)

Regards,

  Andreas