Re: Gorm on Solaris

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: Gorm on Solaris
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:33:11 -0700

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Andreas Hoeschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after Nikolaus' annoucement of the gnustep app index I thought I would try
> out a few of the already listed apps. It seems that all apps depend on gorm.
> I therefore installed (tried to) gorm for the very first time on my Solaris
> system. The installation went through without any error. But I can neither
> start Gorm.app

that is kind of weird, apps don't usually depend on gorm
AppKit itself contains all the knowledge required to load a .gorm file

very few things actually depend on gorm, (palettes and plugins for gorm)

> bash-3.00$ openapp Gorm
> 2008-06-13 23:45:25.770 Gorm[12079] Loading 3 user defined AppKit bundles
> 2008-06-13 23:45:25.800 Gorm[12079] WARNING: poseAs: called in Gorm.

<snip>

i would look at these first, try
defaults write Gorm GSAppKitUserBundles '()'
then if it works without any bundles start adding your bundles back one by one
until it breaks again to identify the specific bundle

gorm in general is less tolerant of having bundles loaded than your average app.