Problems with gpbs

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Problems with gpbs
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 06:54:59 +0000 (UTC)

(Excuse my english) OK, the first time I used GNUstep from startup 0.18.x on
Ubuntu 6.06 and worked fine (some problems but worked). After I use GNUstep on
gNewSense 2 from startup 0.19.3, some problems with gpbs, but I thought "The
problem is gNewSense" and I replaced the gpbs for the previous startup's gpbs.
And my apps ran fast. Two weeks ago, I used GNUstep from packages on Debian
Lenny, and work fine, but my apps (made with Gorm and ProjectCenter) run slow.
For example, when I want change the focus from one TextFiel to another
TextField, I need wait 3 or 4 seconds. This is unacceptable. I thought "the
problem are the packages" I uninstall these and install GNUstep from startup
0.20.0. Fisrt the Gorm's palettes are bad draw, second the operation of draw and
drop is very slow. And third, the same problem with the TextField's focus. Well,
I toll "The problem is Debian Lenny (because is testing)" I tried on Ubuntu 8.04
with packages, the same problems: draw and drop and TextFields focus (unless the
gorm's palettes). I uninstall these, and tried from startup, result: the same
problems (even is worst, because I need wait 5 or 6 second to change the focus).
Before I thought that the problem only existed on gNewSense, but now I see that
is a general problem. I tried my solution of gNewSense on Ubuntu, but don't
work. Can you say me what is the problem?