Re: Cocoa Compatible, is it actually possible?

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: Cocoa Compatible, is it actually possible?
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:21:13 -0700

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 2:41 PM, David Chisnall<theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>

> On 26 Jul 2009, at 22:32, Lucas Samaruga wrote:
>> Is there any list of incompatibilities or api differences?
>
> There used to be an automatically-generated list somewhere, but it wasn't
> very accurate.  I'm not sure if it still exists.  If you develop with
> GNUstep and then port to OS X, things are much more likely to work than the
> other way around, as long as you don't #import any of the GNUstep extension
> headers (and, even then, they are often available as categories on OS X).
>
> To give you a rough idea of the completeness of GNUstep, I use the Apple API
> documentation when I am writing GNUstep code, rather than the GNUstep docs,
> and haven't come across a missing method that I actually wanted to use for
> quite a while.
>
> David

i think maybe you're referring to this thing (and i remember maybe
Quentin Mathe had mentioned maybe hacking on it, maybe he has a better
version)

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2005-05/msg00018.html

it doesn't really do anything but compare the implemented method and
class names found at runtime, nothing like incompatibilities such as
the recent -boolValue incompatibility where there are 2 methods with
the same name but different implementations.

thats the only automatic thing i know of anyways...