Re: font available for fc-list is not listed in SystemPreferencs.app

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: font available for fc-list is not listed in SystemPreferencs.app
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:10:47 +0200

Zhang Weiwu schrieb:
> My font does exist in my system:
>
> $ fc-list  | grep -i wen
> WenQuanYi Bitmap Song:style=Bold
> WenQuanYi Bitmap Song:style=Regular
> $ xlsfonts | grep wen | awk -F - '{print $3;}' | uniq
> wenquanyi bitmap song
>
> But it is not shown in SystemPreferencs.app as attached snapshot. What
> could be the reason?

Sorry, I only got around to look into this today. Your mail is missing
the most crucial information, which GNUstep backend are you using and if
it is xlib, what additional settings (GSFontAntiAlias) are there?

In your font panel there isn't just WenQuanYi missing, many of the other
fonts also don't show up. To me this looks like your aren't using any of
our font config based font enumerators. If you are using the old xlib
font implementation it is sufficient to remove the font cache, the next
time you start up a GNUstep application it will be rebuild and show all
the fonts found on your system. The file will be somewhere similar to
~/GNUstep/Library/Fonts/Cache and be named just like your display name.

Hope this helps
Fred