Re: Building some extra libs (renaissance, gnustep-guile,

From: Pablo Giménez
Subject: Re: Building some extra libs (renaissance, gnustep-guile,
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 11:34:20 +0100

El 1 de octubre de 2009 13:00, Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@tiptree.demon.co.uk> escribió:

On 1 Oct 2009, at 11:54, Pablo Giménez wrote:

Hi
After been able to build the core packages now I face the extra libs.
Well I have tried to build some of them, I have to admit whithout luck, here are my problems:
- Renaissance 0.8.0:

I checked in svn ... the author made a 0.9.0 release 18 months ago, but didn't update the website, and since then there are several improvements/fixes in svn.
You should use the version from svn (which does work with the more recent versions of GNUstep).
Done using the version from svn

- gnustep-guile 1.1.4:

This is an old library, and you need an old version of GNUstep (and old version of Guile) to build and run it.

- StepTalk:

Also old ... you might want to port this to the more recent releases though?
Done using again version from subversion

- SQLClient 1.3.0
I can't configure the package I am trying with the next configure statement:
./configure --disable-jdbc-bundle --with-additional-include=-I/usr/include

Just running ./configure should be sufficient, though the options you used should do no harm.
This is still driving me nuts, the configure is still claiming about my mysql header files.
I have check and I have there in the usual path:
 /usr/include/mysql/
But I  got this error in config.log:
configure:3196: result: no
configure:3200: checking mysql/mysql.h presence
configure:3210:   -I/usr/include/ conftest.c
./configure: line 3211: -I/usr/include/: No such file or directory
configure:3216: $? = 127
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <mysql/mysql.h>
configure:3236: result: no
configure:3271: checking for mysql/mysql.h
configure:3278: result: no
configure:3386: checking if Sqllite support was manually disabled
configure:3401: result: no: build if possible
configure:3418: checking sqlite3.h usability
configure:3430:  -c   -I/usr/include/ conftest.c >&5
./configure: line 3431: -c: command not found
configure:3436: $? = 127
configure: failed program was:

How is possible that the configure says I don't have a /usr/inclide folder when is obvius is there?

but it can't find the includes for mysql, postgres ans sqlite. I have checked and all of them  are in the /usr/iclude as usual.

Then you need to look at output/log file from the configure script ... it should record why the headers don't work.
The usual reasons for headers not being found are:

1. development packages for the databases not installed on the system (obviously the packages need to be installed)
or
2. headers not in /urs/include (perhaps in a subdirectory or in another header directory ... in which case you need to use --with-additional-include= to specify the correct directories.

Thansk for the help

--
Un saludo
Best Regards