Re: apps segfaulting on FreeBSD 8.0

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: apps segfaulting on FreeBSD 8.0
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:55:24 +0100

Hi,
Hello once more,

I just got TimeMon from ports, which also runs.  I can even click on the Info Panel
without a segfault.  Clicking on the "Set" button to choose the colors does
produce a segfault.

Also, it gives this message while running, though I haven't nailed down exactly
what event triggers it:

2010-03-18 04:48:04.713 TimeMon[12144] Unable to contact pasteboard server -
please ensure that gpbs is running for local host.

I haven't yet looked into how to get gpbs working right.

I'm on FreeBSD 7.2. Gpbs has always been a little more troublesome on FreeBSD than on linux, but it got worse.

First of all, be sure to install all base tools as root (gdomap, gdnc).

gpbs will start for you when required, it just takes a little, it should cause no problem, you can notice a delay when selecting, dragging, typing the first time.
Else you can start it before.

Riccardo