Re: Packaging Windows apps so as not to require separate GNUstep install

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Packaging Windows apps so as not to require separate GNUstep install
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 23:51:38 +0200

Eric Wasylishen wrote:
Great to hear, I didn't know it was already possible. It would be cool
to have GNUstep-make presets for some of these configurations then.
When I get around to finishing my app port, I'll have a look at that.

FWIW this (supposed) problem seemed to be GNUstep's main deterrent for
this blogger:
http://cocoawithlove.com/2010/04/options-for-porting-objective-ccocoa.html

I think that blog entry is a bit misleading. I replied.

Although it is possible, it is abit cumbersome. A script for changing the drive letter could be useful. Or a guide on how to package the bare minimum inside an application...

Of course, a pretty good solution would be to install the gnustep "core runtime" on dependency of an application, so it gets shared. THis is what .NET does for example. After all, the comparison .NET and GNUstep+objc is not even that far stretched.

Riccardo