Re: FOSDEM Arrangements

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Arrangements
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 00:22:27 +0100

Am 12.12.2010 um 23:05 schrieb Quentin Mathé:

Le 12 déc. 2010 à 16:26, David Chisnall a écrit :

On 12 Dec 2010, at 14:59, Niels Grewe wrote:

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 05:17:08PM +0000, David Chisnall wrote:
Getting in on Friday morning would require me to leave in the middle of the night, so I probably won't do that. I could probably get there around 4pm, so time for a bit of hacking, an early dinner, and then a lot of beer.

They pay for three nights of hotel, so I might stay Sunday night and head back on Monday, if other people are going to be hanging around on Sunday evening. I think I have to go to the speakers' dinner on Saturday night, so I can't join in a GNUstep meal (unless you all want to come to the dinner?), but I could meet people for hacking / more beer afterwards.

I will be arriving on Friday afternoon and a little gettogether before
the beer event would be nice (I had a hard time finding anybody last
time…) Since there is no chance that I can get back to where I live on
Sunday, I'd probably be leaving Monday morning.

I think I'll try to do the same. Arrive late afternoon on Friday, leave Monday morning.

I'll arrive on Fridary afternoon and leave Monday too.

Maybe I can extend my stay 'till monday but that's up to my boss' decision to let me have one more day vacation then.

How long I spend at the beer event will largely depend on whether I have to give a talk on Saturday morning...

I'm tempted by a shorter beer event. We could have our own beer event possibly too. I wouldn't mind to go to a quieter or less crowded place.

I would prefer that too. To me there isn't much point in meeting in a place where you can't listen to your own word and need a quarter of an hour to get some new beer.

BTW: What did become of the plan to get a discounted group booking at a
hotel?

It would be a good idea. I think I have to go to whichever hotel the organisers put me in, so hopefully I can find out what that is, and maybe try to find one nearby for everyone else. If we can get a list of people who are definitely going, then we can try contacting some hotels and see if they want to offer a discount.

I added myself to the FOSDEM page on the wiki.

Easy, isn't it ;-)

If you don't have an account yet just register here:

<http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin>

and send a mail asking for wiki edit rights to webmasters [AT] gnustep.org

For the talks, I submitted two proposals: Étoilé Progresses and EtoileUI

great!

Otherwise I'd be interested to hear talks about:
- CoreBase and CoreGraphics/Opal in GNUstep
- GNUstep Progresses and Roadmap
- DBusKit
- EtoileText (… I'm especially curious about the possibility to leverage OMeta to write the tree transform rules)
- LanguageKit Progresses

I've added those wishes to <http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/ FOSDEM_2011#Wishlist_for_talks.2Fdiscussions.2Fsessions>

Cheers,
Quentin.