Re: GNUstep SoftWare Index - new project home and sources of the tool

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: GNUstep SoftWare Index - new project home and sources of the tool
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 18:14:24 +0100

Hi,
GNUstep is such a mature project that every idea is already implemented at
least once (and sometimes not very good). There is not only the Software Index
but a Application Wiki. Please see here:

        http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Category:Applications

So we have different solutions for different requirement priorities. A wiki is
good for
collaborative editing while a dedicated tool like SWI is better in keeping
things
well structured.

Am 07.01.2011 um 17:59 schrieb Banlu Kemiyatorn:

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Ivan Vučica <ivucica@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On the other hand, having specialized software means tight control over form
>> over resulting displayed page; every page will look the same, and hence mean
>> the entire database is easier to browse.
>> Wiki-templates are not a solution :-)
>
> Why using wiki template didn't allow every page to look the same?
> And if it really is the case, Wiki bot would easily do the job.

Maybe, you can set up some bot that reads out the Software Index and updates
the Application Wiki?

Nikolaus