Re: Is GNUstep Examples maintained?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Is GNUstep Examples maintained?
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 22:29:24 +0100

On 21 Aug 2013, at 20:30, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> David Chisnall wrote:
>
> The Performance framework also doesn't build with the latest release of
> GNUstep, and we have at least one consumer of it in the ports tree.
> Hmm, what's wrong? I use Performance indirectly in an enterprise app and
> certain derivates (DataBasin) because it depends on GSWS

Direct access to isa (breaks small objects), access to ivars from a category
that are not exposed, and a couple of other issues.
Richard pushed out a new release this morning that now builds cleanly and I've
updated the port in my tree.

I currently have a few issues (on FreeBSD 8.x, GNUstep Make is picking up the
old libobjc headers, and a couple of others), but on 9.1/amd64 they're now
building and hopefully I'll be able to fix them for 8.x soon.  I've culled some
old things (a lot of Yen-Ju's things seem to be bitrotted and unmaintained,
which is sad), but I can easily resurrect them if someone updates them.  A lot
of things compile with warnings (a lot about the NS[U]Integer switch in -gui)
which may end up with broken binaries - I'll go through and clean these up on a
second pass, and then start making sure that I've got the latest versions of
everything from GAP - so far, I've only updated things where the old version
didn't build.

David

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom