Re: OpenBSD ports update

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: OpenBSD ports update
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:09:24 +0100

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 13:41 CET, David Chisnall
<David.Chisnall@cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2013, at 06:43, "Sebastian Reitenbach"
> <sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:
>
> > Due to clang's ability to produce working binaries on macppc, macppc
> > ports kept the status quo and are still compiling with gcc-4.2.1.
>
> I think you mean inability?

Indeed, I meant inability ;)

> > What would be the best next platform to tackle? Armv7, loongson, mips64,
> > sparc(64)?
>
> libobjc2 has assembly fast paths for ARMv6+ and MIPS64.  They're tested by me
> with clang on MIPS n64 and ARMv7, although I haven't tried building all of
> GNUstep on either platform yet.

I don't have arm HW around, but I have two mips64, a good old SGI Indigo, and
and SGI Origin 3000.
I may try on those if I actually find time for it, unfortunately both are not
notebook sized and therefore not really suited to carry around with me ;)

cheers,
Sebastian