Re: elementary OS

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: elementary OS
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 01:22:14 +0100

Liam,

why shocked? A list is a free place. Discussion is welcome. However, repeated provocation and flaming is not. The list however must remain a pleasant place for everybody.

I am, and I hope we all are, open to suggestion and critique. More than once, critique is answered with other critique, but it is then analyzed, acknowledged and implemented one way or the other. Perhaps without saying that explicitely.

We accept many kind of contributions. It must not be a patch or a commit. It may be a bug report, a wiki entry, a package, piece of documentation, a new icon. It is not just about coding.

However, if somebody repeatedly write just to troll, annoy, disturb and does that on repetition, then well, his words are no longer welcome.

I really dislike when it gets to kicking somebody out of a list. But I tell you, I had contact with some users and they were shocked and displeased by the stuff written on our mailing list and were distanciated from gnustep... because of the ML! That is even less acceptable!

Riccardo