Re: this is a modern way to present a project

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: this is a modern way to present a project
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 00:55:30 +0100

Hi Riccardo,

at first I was a bit shocked by your reaction. Then I thought that you just
might have the impression, I was going to criticize your work. This wasn't the
intention of my message. I just happened to come across that elementary os web
page and liked the light and simple style of it. Yeah, it looks appleish, but
also with a different design style it would look not to crammed. I thought
about how this was done: presenting an appetizer using a pleasing look
(obviously the Apple look is pleasing to a lot of people) and so make people
look closer and scroll, the scrolling then reveals more appetizers which link
to the real stuff. They did avoid cramming to much information into a small
space by doing so. I found this idea inspirational and wanted to share it.
Maybe I should have explained this better at first hand.

Today I found an insightful article which is about an analysis on how users
interact with web sites. trigger words seem to play a very important role in
this:

http://www.uie.com/articles/trigger_words/

cheers,

        Lars