Re: new crash: TalkSoup startup

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: new crash: TalkSoup startup
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 00:05:49 +0100

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
In your specific case the initialisation of the NSDocumentController happens
because NSApplication cannot find a suitable responder for an action it is
trying to send. This looks like your UI is using an undefined message.

Sorry, I know that this isn’t much help. But it is the best I can do right now.
Fred

I did not yet try valgrind, I am not very good at getting usable information from it, but I tried going back in gnustep GUI code and check if we "broke" something and indeed.

Oct 1st -> works!
Oct 9th -> works
Oct 23rd -> works
Oct 24th -> works
Oct 25th -> broken

thus the problems appears to be the lock change by Gregory!
The fact that we get a crash in [NSLock new] doesn't look so unreasonble now.

Riccardo