How to ensure methods are set in my GNUstep build

From: Gustavo Tavares
Subject: How to ensure methods are set in my GNUstep build
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 18:49:43 -0400

Hello!

and have been successfully building some projects with it.

For my current project, I'm encountering a build error. I was thinking it was a config on the GNU install—and later I thought it was something I could define in a Makefile—but I can't seem to work out how to solve it.

The error is this:

MyFile.m:130:50: error: no visible @interface for 'NSDateComponents' declares the selector 'valueForComponent:'

I can see that the MAC_OS_VERSION and GS_API_VERSION are somehow determined in GSVersionMacros.h and that this determines whether to inlcude this NSDateComponents functionality—but I also don't know where the headers are in my system. Looking in /usr/GNUstep/System/ and ~/GNUstep/Library/Headers and I can't echo it out either.

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me get this built :) What do I need to do / invoke?

Thank you!

Gustavo