ANN: AntiRSI 1.5.0

From: Steven R. Baker
Subject: ANN: AntiRSI 1.5.0
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 18:47:25 +0200

Heya folks!

I have released AntiRSI 1.5.0, and you can find it on GitHub at: https://github.com/srbaker/AntiRSI

(The provided Mac binary is not yet notarized, so you will get a security warning if you try to install it.)

AntiRSI is an application for reminding you to take breaks to prevent Repetitive Strain Injury.  I’ve been using it on my Mac for more than a decade, and recently it’s been ported to work on GNUstep.  Graham Lee and I did the porting work live on our stream [objc retain];  The code _should_ build with a single command on each of macOS: xcodebuild and GNUstep: buildtool.  I think you need latest buildtool.

I would like to thank Graham for working on this with me.  Greg Casamento did some great work on buildtool to get it building nicely.  Josh Freeman emailed us help to fix some bugs with the dock icon drawing.  And other participants on the stream also helped along the way.

Thanks everyone for your help, and please feel free to contribute or complain!

I am intending to set up CI on FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Debian, and Fedora, and provide packages for each in the near future.  I may also look for help getting it working on Windows using GNUstep as well.

Cheers!

-Steven