Re: Notes from meeting Q1 2022

From: Frederik Seiffert
Subject: Re: Notes from meeting Q1 2022
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 17:02:11 +0100

Am 06.02.2022 um 23:54 schrieb Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com>:
    • Put solution files into instructions. — Frederick Seiffert
Could you elaborate on what this is referring to exactly?

Thanks,
Frederik

During the meeting I had thought we were talking about adding instructions regarding building GUI for MSVS.   I jotted this down to remind me.   That's the trouble with raw notes. ;)

Ah ok, got it now. :)

Building GUI with MSVC involves extending the toolchain scripts to build the necessary dependencies (libtiff, libpng, etc.), plus necessary changes in libs-gui (e.g. annotating all classes with GS_EXPORT_CLASS and tweaking configure to find dependencies). I have work-in-progress branches here from a couple months ago but there were still some things missing (the CI build currently fails because libtiff is not found):
https://github.com/gnustep/tools-windows-msvc/tree/libs-gui
https://github.com/gnustep/libs-gui/tree/windows-msvc-fixes

I probably won’t have time to work on this in the short term, but I hope to take another look in the next couple months.

Frederik