Re: [DotGNU]JavaVM Class libs?

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]JavaVM Class libs?
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 13:54:29 +1000

Myrddian wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering what the java class libs equivalent to the C# / IL libs is
> > going to be?
> I am not too sure if we use another Project for the Java Class libs.
> As far as  I know we are going to support Java  and it's bytecode.

If Java eventually becomes a supported language that is
compiled to IL, then the libraries are an issue.  However,
they are a very small one because we can compile GNU
Classpath with the Java->IL compiler.

So, I don't forsee any need to work on Java libraries
explicitly as we can just use GNU Classpath.  There may
be a couple of low-level "bridges" to the C#/IL world
to implement, but not much else.