[DotGNU]Re: C# class library

From: Miguel de Icaza
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: C# class library
Date: 17 Aug 2001 12:00:30 -0400

> The C# class library is a key component for DotGNU and we cannot
> afford to take the risk of relying on Mono's class library
> unless we have very good reasons to believe that there are no
> risks of the kind that some court might decide that we have to
> stop using it.  We really need to have evidence that this
> library has been properly cleanroomed, otherwise we cannot rely
> on it.

I am not sure you understand exactly what cleanroom implementation
means.

Please read:

        http://www.advogato.org/article/302.html

Regarding DotGNU, I would suggest that you ask yourself `does our
current code match the criteria in that mail?' and then ask yourself
`Do we have a written record of our code being a clean room
implementation?' and then ask yourself `Have we talked to our lawyers
to understand the problem?'.

Miguel.