Re: [DotGNU]Contributing to Pnetlib (Was :Let me introduce myself)

From: Silvernerd
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Contributing to Pnetlib (Was :Let me introduce myself)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:34:55 +0100

"Gopal.V" wrote:

>     Which classes are you working on ?. Or if you are thinking of starting
> pick one of the [TODO] methods in Pnetlib.

I'm currently busy on creating some simple classes in the System.Net and
System.Net.Sockets namespaces.
I've done a couple of [TODO]'s, but the most of them are to high for me.

> People like yours truly are waiting for pnetlib to start compiling under pnet
> due to a strange
> prejudice towards using M$ on my box. But I think for a good Java developer,
> with a .NET beta on his box the pnetlib work is almost fun.

Sorry, you won't get much help here, Java never seemed to do what I want
so I gave it up and started using C#.

>     Also if you get really involved, you might even get a CVS commit
> access to pnetlib. (Rhys is giving them out for high scorin' prorammers)

Oh, I understood he was giving CVS rights to ALL pnetlib-developers.

>     ECMA standards is what matters right now. We'll tackle M$ standards,
> but later. So if you are readng ECMA specs, you're on the right track.
> Also pnetlib contains a HACKING file.

I'm using both the ECMA specs and the HACKING file heavily.

--
Silvernerd (Peter Minten)

"New: W*ndows.NET, now it crashes the internet."