[DotGNU]Monthly newsletter

From: Silvernerd
Subject: [DotGNU]Monthly newsletter
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:01:52 +0200

Hi,

DotGNU at the moment has a weekly summary (thanks to Gopal), could we
extend that sort of information to a monthly newsletter? I mean that we
have the 'this week in DotGNU's to provide a quick overview of the week
and a montly newsletter to summarize the month and provide extra
information.

The newsletter could be a good medium for reaching the people that are
aware of and interested in DotGNU but for some reason don't read the
mailing list. We could reach the industry with it for example. Also some
special newbie stuff could do a lot of good.

The newsletter would not be merely a summary of the month however. It
would also provide services to the reader like explanation of difficult
terms, introductions of projects, articles and columns.

Let me just name some things that can be put into the newsletter:
- Project news, a space where projects can tell their news
- Article space, place for articles regarding DotGNU and related
- Update, what were the discussions on the mailing list
    (tar-ring the weekly updates :-) )
- New projects, announcing new projects
- Inside DotGNU, column by me about DotGNU
- Walking to the Forum, column by me about the development of Forum
- Q&A, important or interesting questions asked on the mailing list and
    their answers
- What?, explanation of difficult terms
- Background, explanation of concepts behind DotGNU and it's projects

I would be quite willing to do the editor job :-) .

So folks, what do you think?

--
Silvernerd (Peter Minten)

"Using GNU/Linux is like walking over a ray of bricks, not as beautiful,
but a lot more substantial than light."