[DotGNU]Re: Last chance, newbies

From: Silvernerd
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: Last chance, newbies
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:21:26 +0200

Hi,

Gopal V wrote:

> Hoping that Silvernerd doesn't mind the reduced workload. (LOL)
> (Peter: we need you to tame the XmlReader anyway :).

Uh, big problem, I'm not good at taming wild beasts. I tried doing the
XmlReader and XmlTextReader classes and I failed. Fact is this is very
tricky stuff, I can parse it with a lot of work but the code would be so
complicated, slow and memory consuming that it would crash 90% of the
time.

My approach was to parse the entire document at the beginning of the
read action into a linking list of node objects. The methods in the
reader would then work with the node tree in memory instead of the file
or stream. Though I still believe this is the best way to do it, it
still suffers from the complicatedness of the parsing methods. Those
have proven to be too hard to do for me, but if somebody would do this
for me (you may want to put this on the roadmap under level 3) I could
program the rest of the file.

Greetings,

Peter

--

"Using GNU/Linux is like walking over a ray of bricks, not as beautiful,
but a lot more substantial than light."