[DotGNU]Announcement: Formation of the DotGNU Authentication Working Gro

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: [DotGNU]Announcement: Formation of the DotGNU Authentication Working Group.
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 16:35:24 -0400

I am pleased to announce that the first DotGNU Working Group has been
formed.

We have begun with an attempt to coordinate the Authentication
projects.  The first informal AuthWG meet happened last Sunday and was a
very productive success.  So, we're formalizing this and having weekly
meetings with an established working group.

The first formal meeting will be this Sunday (tomorrow) at 1:00 PM EST.
I believe that that is 5:00 PM UTC.  The meeting will take place on IRC:

IRC Server:  irc.openprojects.net
IRC Channel: #dotgnu-auth
URI:         irc://irc.openprojects.net/dotgnu-auth

(If that URI is malformed, let me know)

We also have a savannah project site setup for web space and scratch
files.  The intent will be to share code, diagrams, specs, and literally
anything that might help the projects do what they need to do.

The savannah site is at http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/dg-authwg/

If you'd like to submit anything to this project site/CVS, please send
me your savannah ID and I'll add you to the project developer list
appropriately.

Everyone who is interested is invited to the meeting tomorrow.  Let's
make this a success.  If it is, we'll establish more working groups for
other purposes as needed. :)

        -Barry