Re: [DotGNU]Re: (pnet & pnetlib) info

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: (pnet & pnetlib) info
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:47:40 +0530

If memory serves me right, Ritchard Nash wrote:
> I've at home a lan with a (win2k + dotnet SDK + cygwin) box and a
> (redhat 7.2 | gentoo 1.2) box so i'd like to compile pnetlib with
> mstools and contribute to it's development.

Hehe ... the ideal setup for pnetlib development (currently).. I really
think there's lot of work left on Pnet especially to reach ECMA completeness..

> 1) What is the pnet compiler status? When do you plan compiler can do a
> real compile? What parts forms the pnet package?

The major issue with compiling pnetlib is an type coercion bug which
accounts for 124 of the compile errors .. The Semantic analysis has been
started on.. using the C compiler as a test bed (purely Rhys ... :)

> 2) What is the status of pnetlib ? for pnetlib when i compile with pnet
> it says that can't do a real compilation ; when i use mstools it give me
> a **lot** of errors and exits. So i need some help to understand how to
> contribute to pnetlib without being able to compile the library.

Are you doing the mstools compile on the .NET SDK box ?... the cygwin+
.NET setup might be used to bootstrap pnetlib right now . The compile
step for Cygwin is as follows

$ rm -f config.cache # to prevent the configure from caching the cscc compile
$ ./configure --with-mstools
$ make

Also I guess you don't need any help with the auto_gen.sh stuff ...

This should make it possible for you to compile pnetlib using .NET csc..
If you need any more help, please do ask ..