[DotGNU]Enrolling and RegEx in GetFile*

From: Charles Shuller
Subject: [DotGNU]Enrolling and RegEx in GetFile*
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 11:04:12 -0600

Hey Guys

Just so you know, I'm currently driving all over the country collecting acedemic records and looking for a good job to see me through school, so if I'm a bit more delayed than usual, thats why.

Regarding the regex/glob patch, I'm setting a personal goal to get that implemented by Wednesday. I decided last night to change my approach. Where I was going to implement a ILMatch function with all the internals for creating and analysing the regex match, I've decided we will ultimately be much better off with each of the three regex functions wrapped in IL functions, where they can be re-implemented, if need be, when porting happens.

These functions have several #defined error codes and flags. I've currently got these implemented in il_sysio.h as IL_REG* as their values in regex.h. If there is a better way to do this, let me know.

I've also been wrapping everything in #ifdef HAVE_REGEX_H followed by #ifdef HAVE_FUNC. As I suspect these functions won't be available in most places. If this assumption is incorrect, le t me know and I'll #ifdef less liberally :)

Thanks!

--
Charles Shuller
Jabber ID: address@hidden