Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [Bug #2806] CSCC virtual memory exhausted
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 08:46:07 -0800 (PST)

Ok,
after disussing this with Gopal on the Chat,
he point out that the

> virtual memory exhausted

is the exception thrown. I was confused by this, It is misleading.
Sure the message

> OpCodes.cs:1163: `Object' is not a member of the namespace `System'

tells me the real error. But the last line threw me off.

I did not explain myself correctly, and I did not understand that the
virtual memory was the result of the type not being found.

Can you please reopen the bug, or should I log a new one?

mike

--- address@hidden wrote:

> =================== BUG #2806: LATEST MODIFICATIONS
> ==================
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2806&group_id=353
>
> Changes by: Gopal.V <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat 03/15/03 at 16:06 (Asia/Calcutta)
>
>             What     | Removed                   | Added

>               Status | Open                      | Closed
>              Summary | CSCC virtual memory exhausted
>  | CSCC virtual memory exhausted
>

> ------------------ Additional Follow-up Comments
> ----------------------------
> Not a bug .. not a crash and last of all anyone using -nostdlib on a
> class gets what he deserves.
>

> =================== BUG #2806: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
>

> Submitted by: mdupont                 Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
>
> Submitted on: Wed 03/12/03 at 22:36
> Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
>
> Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
>
> Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Closed

> Original Submission:  Compiling this code :
>
> pnetlib-0.5.2/runtime/System/Reflection/Emit
> $ cscc -nostdlib -S OpCodes.cs
> OpCodes.cs:1163: `Object' is not a member of the namespace `System'
> D:\cygwin\usr\local/lib/cscc/plugins/cscc-cs: virtual memory
> exhausted
>
> It should not crash like this :
>
> Follow-up Comments
> *******************

> Date: Sat 03/15/03 at 16:06         By: t3rmin4t0r
> Not a bug .. not a crash and last of all anyone using -nostdlib on a
> class gets what he deserves.
>

> CC list is empty
>

> No files currently attached
>

> For detailed info, follow this link: