Re: [Pnet-developers] Platform Independent Directory Separators

From: WC Jones
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Platform Independent Directory Separators
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:49:50 -0500 (EST)

>> Obviously I need to get those DOS directory separators changed to Unix
>> separators...
>>
>> Shouldn't Portable.NET do that automagically?
>
>Normally, yes.  It depends on the particular API though (it's possible that we
>missed one or two).  What method were you calling when the problem occurred?

Sorry - output would have probably been nice huh   :/   :)

I been up too long I think...

Here is what I am getting -- used an example from one of the 15 or so C# and
.Net I purchased recently.

bash-2.05$ ilrun ./cspapi1_examples/ch06/Fig06_10/RollDie/bin/Debug/RollDie.exe
Uncaught exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file
"/usr/local/Forsaken/Project\images\die4.png"
Filename: /usr/local/Forsaken/Project\images\die4.png
        at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String, FileMode, FileAccess, FileShare,
Int32, Boolean) in ./System/IO/FileStream.cs
        at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String, FileMode, FileAccess)
        at DotGNU.Images.Image.Load(String) in ./Image.cs
        at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String, Boolean) in ./Image.cs
        at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String) in ./Image.cs
        at csphtp1.ch06.fig06_09.RollDie.DisplayDie(Label)
        at csphtp1.ch06.fig06_09.RollDie.rollButton_Click(Object, EventArgs)
        at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object, EventArgs)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs) in ./Control.cs
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs) in ./Button.cs
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs) in ./Button.cs
        at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.System.Drawing.Toolkit.IToolkitEventSink.ToolkitMouseUp(ToolkitMouseButtons,
 ToolkitKeys, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32)
in ./Control.cs
        at System.Drawing.Toolkit.DrawingWindow.OnButtonRelease(Int32, Int32,
ButtonName, ModifierMask) in ./DrawingWindow.cs
        at Xsharp.InputOnlyWidget.DispatchEvent(XEvent&) in ./InputOnlyWidget.cs
        at Xsharp.InputOutputWidget.DispatchEvent(XEvent&) in
./InputOutputWidget.cs
        at Xsharp.Display.DispatchEvent(XEvent&) in ./Display.cs
        at Xsharp.Display.HandleNextEvent(Boolean) in ./Display.cs
        at Xsharp.Display.WaitForEvent() in ./Display.cs
        at Xsharp.Application.WaitForEvent() in ./Application.cs
        at System.Drawing.Toolkit.DrawingToolkit.ProcessEvents(Boolean) in
./DrawingToolkit.cs
        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunMessageLoop(ApplicationContext)
in ./Application.cs
        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form) in ./Application.cs
        at csphtp1.ch06.fig06_09.RollDie.Main()

Is there something specific you would need to help?

Thx/Bill

  ('>    iudicium ferat
  //\   Have Computer -
  v_/_    Will Hack...