[Pnet-developers] Visibility modifiers from ILMethod*?

From: Petter Haggholm
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Visibility modifiers from ILMethod*?
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:59:47 -0800

Quick question: I'm hacking on Portable.NET for a course project and need to extract miscellaneous information given an ILMethod*; I'm wondering, is there any way I can find, given an ILMethod*, that method's visibility modifier -- e.g. public, private ...? For that matter -- is it /available?/ (I'm fairly new to the whole .NET/IL thing, and I don't know exactly what data and metadata are available in the bytecode.) I apologise for such a pragmatic and low-level question, but while I've been able to find most of the information I need through e.g. ILMember and similar classes, this one thing eludes me (and grepping the source directory for e.g. "private" gives far too many results to be useful).

Thank you for any assistance.

--
Petter Häggholm
Department of Computer Science