Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity - What's Next?

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity - What's Next?
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:03:22 +0100

> Except for a few issues, duplicity has become a stable package.  There
> are always some problems when dealing with multiple systems, but having
> a product that works on Linux, Windows, and Mac is a good thing.
>
> Here are the major things I'll be working on in the near future:

I would like to add a further suggestion. The last time I looked at the
internals of duplicity, when you restored a file it first had to
download an index file from the remote. If you have a backup with many
small files, this index file can be very large.

Would it be possible to cache this locally and use some sort of checksum
to see if it had to be downloaded again.

As I say it's a while since I looked at the internals, so apologies if
this problem has already been addressed.

Ian.