Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.4.4.RC4 Ready

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.4.4.RC4 Ready
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:32:59 -0500

Mark Price wrote:
> Hey Ken,
>
> I must be missing something. I just upgraded, built the src.rpm on my
> FC5 system, but I'm having trouble with the new syntax.

OK, untar the tar.gz file and run 'python setup.py install'.  It should
have been in the src.rpm file.

> # duplicity incr --ssh-options "-o port=92" /home/foo
> scp://obsidian/nas/duplicity-backup/ravenwood/foo
>
> I get the following error:
>
> Command line error: Expected 2 args, got 3
> Enter 'duplicity --help' for help screen.

It's 'incremental', not incr.  Looks like the help screen needs help,
that and the CHANGELOG.  Since incremental is the default, you could
just leave it out and things would work as normal.

This just goes to show me that we should require actions and not try to
'default' them.  Would have caught that immediately.

> Also when I look at the man page it doesn't seem to show the new command
> line format, but the --help switch does.

The 'python setup.py install' above will install the new man page.

...Ken