Re: [Duplicity-talk] Number of Files Limit?

From: Bob Smither
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Number of Files Limit?
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 13:45:44 -0500

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 20:07 +0200, Peter Schuller wrote:

<snip>

> I didn't think duplicity supported backing up a *single* symlink, but
> when I tried it it worked, as it sounds like it does for you (was the
> failure in your original post the saving of the symlink only, or did
> you get an actual error?).

I was not clear.  I got zero errors, but my multi GB music collection
was saved in 11 bytes (the symlink) :-).

Many thanks for the help.  Can you explain (so I can remember) why
backing up

  /music/SubDirectory

(where /music is a symlink) works while backing up /music does not?
Isn't that 'following' the link?