Re: [Duplicity-talk] GPL-3

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] GPL-3
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:07:02 +0200

On 14.04.2011 08:52, Martin Pool wrote:
> .. except you can, if it is a commercial rather than a consumer product:
>
>   >>> GPLv3 tolerates tivoization only for products that are almost
> exclusively meant for businesses and organizations.
> <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/rms-why-gplv3.html>

could you point out the specific part of the gpl3 that defines this?

concluding, even if this were true (probably is if stallman says so), a little
bit of tivoization protection, is better than none.

also we have not a lot of options here, only gpl2 or gpl3. relicensing to
another license or even modifying either gpl would need all past contributors
to agree. nobody could gather all of these.

..ede/duply.net