dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] burning woes

From: Atish Nazir
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] burning woes
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 19:55:06 +0100

Hellow!
        Just tried burning my first DVD on my new shiney Linux box and much to
my
disappointment it didn't work with either dvdrecord or cdrecord-prodvd.
Rather worryingly when I cranked up the debug verbosity the SCSI
transport was complaining about, well here's a pasting:

dvdrecord: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  00 00 00 00 00 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 09 02 00 00
Sense Key: 0x4 Hardware Error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x09 Qual 0x02 (focus servo failure) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

!!!  It's a brand new drive (2 weeks old) and I have already burnt a few
normal CDs on it under Linux with no problems :o\  Here's a break down
of relevant specs on the machine:

2.4.19 SMP (dual Athlon MP2100, running on a Tyan S2466MPX)
        Generic SCSI support and SCSI CD compiled in

Sony ATAPI DRU-210A
        ide0 slave with data source ide1 master

Here's the output of a query:

address@hidden:/behemoth/cdimages$ dvdrecord -inq dev=0,0,0
dvdrtools - based on:
Cdrecord 1.11a15 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg
Schilling
scsidev: '0,0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'SONY    '
Identifikation : 'DVD+RW  DRU-120A'
Revision       : '1.13'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-ROM.

Ideas would be most appreciated :o)
Thanks in advance,
        'tish.

PS.
* the ISO image that I made under mkisofs works fine when I mount it via
a loopback...