dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] DVD+R problem

From: Chris Ditri
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD+R problem
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:33:08 -0400

Hi.

I have been using growisofs for about a month now with great success on dvd+rw
media.

Recently, however, I have tried burning a couple dvd+r discs, and it appears
that it has failed.  It seems to burn okay, but when it is done, it does not
recognize the file system -- in the same drive that burned it!

I have an hp 200xi dvd+r[w] drive.  I am using growisofs 3.3.

Here are the commands I have tried

growisofs -Z /dev/scd0 -R -J /my/dir

Since that wasn't working, I tied making the image first with mkisofs.  The
image was successful, but when I issued:

growisofs -Z /dev/scd0=myimage.iso

It didn't work either.  It looked like it burned well, but when I try to mount
it, it says it doesn't recognize the file system.

ERROR:
 mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom1,
       or too many mounted file systems

I don't have any other file systems mounted other than the normal 3 (/boot /
and one more).

I have tried this:
        dvd+rw-booktype -dvd-rom-spec -media /dev/scd0
And got this:
        VENDOR_F9h failed with SENSE KEY=5h/ASC=30h/ASCQ=05h: Invalid argument

NOW --

The funny thing is that we have macintosh with a dvd-r, I put it in that
drive, and it read it fine.  I put it in another macintosh dvd-rom drive, and
it couldn't make head nor tails of it.

Is it broken, or is there something I can do?

Help!

Thank you!

Chris