dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: New page: DVD Standards Comparison by DriveGene

From: Andy Polyakov
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: New page: DVD Standards Comparison by DriveGeneration
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:49:24 +0100

> > >                 DVD+RW
> > > Record (other)  ProDVD
> >                   ^^^^^^ cdrecord-ProDVD can *not* record DVD+.
>
> Oh, thanx.  My ignorance.  I'll change that into a note for the Sony then.

^^^^??? ProDVD never could record DVD+, correction should be applied to
*all* generations.

> So, DVD+RW supports both CLV and CAV,
                      ^^^^ when it comes to DVD+ recording, CLV is the
only option. Playback is CAV, but then it's rated higher than 2.4x and
even 4x. If you want to discuss playback, you probably should introduce
separate line.

> Thanx, I'll update my chart.

I can see you've updated even "Record(GPL)" line adding "CDR2+patch."
dvd+rw-tools are licensed under GPL and support DVD+RW, DVD+R (verified
to work with wide range of DVD+ units), as well as DVD-R and DVD-RW
recordings (verified with SONY and Pioneer units). And in a sense it
(growisofs) support even DVD-RAM recording, at least it's possible to
seamlessly grow ISO9660 volumes directly on DVD-RAM media:-)

A.