Re: Merging x*, w32* and mac* sources (was Re: table.el)

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Merging x*, w32* and mac* sources (was Re: table.el)
Date: 05 Dec 2001 23:22:27 +0000

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> I don't see why we can't keep the x*, w32*, and mac* files for the things
> which are really different on those platforms (like the event dispatch loops,
> specific display code, etc) and put the (almost) common code into com* files.

Richard suggested to me a couple of weeks ago that common code could
go in frame.c and frameio.c.

> (I'm almost volounteering to do this, but currently I don't have the time).

If you want to help, we could partition the work. For *fns.c and
*term.c, a lot of the work can be done incrementally. But others have
suggested that *menu.c is probably better dealt with by merging the
code with #ifdef blocks where necessary, and moving a couple of
functions that really are platform dependent to *fns.c, so this
probably has to be done in one hit.

--
Jason Rumney