Re: configure tests for graphics libraries

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: configure tests for graphics libraries
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 00:24:22 +0100

   From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
   Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 14:24:10 -0700 (MST)

   > ISTR that someone was working on trying to prevent the crashes
   > using old libungif versions.  If that is successful enough,
   > maybe it is ok for Emacs to link with old libungif versions now.
   > Should I remove that change?

No, I have identified only additional bug in GIF support. This bug is now
fixed in both RC and HEAD. Emacs still can crash with broken libungif and
I think it is too much work to identify the problem in old version of
libungif. I have asked libungif author to release new version with better
version informations.
--
Pavel Janík

prom_printf("Detected PenguinPages, getting out of here.\n");
                  -- 2.0.38 arch/sparc/mm/srmmu.c