Re: No calc in pretest?

From: Jon Cast
Subject: Re: No calc in pretest?
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:09:37 -0500

Stefan Monnier <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:
<snip>
> That when it was decided that 21.3 would also be a bugfix release,
> several :version and make-obsolete statements had to be updated to
> say "21.4" instead of "21.3".  A quick grep shows that not all of
> the occurrences have been updated yet.

You do realize this cannot happen with either my scheme or yours,
right?  So it has nothing to do with which scheme is adopted.

(If Emacs had been using my scheme from 21.1, 21.4 would have started
and ended life as 21.2, and the decision to make another pre-release
would have only meant releasing a 21.1.2 rather than just a 21.1.1.
So no :version tags would need to change.)

>       Stefan

Jon Cast